Transcribing videos to text involves listening to the speech and sounds of a video and putting them into written words.
Video transcripts add value, in that they help clarify and reinforce the message of your videos and is a sought after feature by many viewers.
Transcriptions are useful as a reference document, as captions and subtitles, as scripts for translation and dubbing of videos to another language, and it can help boost relevance with search engine rankings and your reach in social media.
Quality Assurance for Video Transcriptions
Transcription accuracy for videos is important as mistakes can cause confusion to the audience instead of enhancing the viewing experience. Timing of subtitles is imperative. Readability is critical as well. In addition, captions and subtitles also differ in formatting depending on the video streaming platform. A thorough understanding of subtitling guidelines is a must. Our multi-step quality assurance process ensures captions and video subtitles that meet industry standards.
- Auto-transcription software provides the base document and allows faster turnaround time
- Using variable speed playback helps in slowing down the video to clarify fast dialogues
- Certain names and terminologies may require online veriﬁcation to ensure correct spelling
- After the initial transcription, a quality check further reﬁnes the transcript
- The text is then checked for proper synchronization with the video
- Subtitle format and positioning are also edited for compliance with client-speciﬁc and platform-speciﬁc guidelines